OMG!! 8-Year-Old Boy Roasted To Death By Kerosene Fire In Enugu Community

Police said the boy and his family were in their house when the fire broke out and engulfed the whole apartment on that fateful day.

The Enugu State Police Command has commenced investigation into the death of an 8-year-old boy from suspected kerosene ignited fire in Umundu Community, Udenu Local Government Area.

The Command’s spokesman, SP Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday, said the incident occurred on Sunday night.

Amaraizu said the boy and his family were in their house when the fire broke out and engulfed the whole apartment on that fateful day.

“It was gathered that the incident occurred when the victim, little Chikamso Nnamani, about 8 years old, had tried to refill their lamp with kerosene.

“But unfortunately, the light went wild and quickly engulfed the whole house.

“It was further gathered that as occupants were scampering for safety, the said Chikamso ran towards another direction where he was allegedly consumed by the fire,’’ he said.

According to Amaraizu, a full scale investigation has commenced into the incident.

See This:  Boy stabs female classmate for saying she ‘only likes him as a friend’.

The police spokesman also said the serene community had been thrown into mourning this festive season following the unfortunate incident.